Monday, April 26, 2010

Concert Post 10: Luke Jorgensen Acoustic, Mr. Roberts, March 11th 2010

Editor's note:  Mike has been traveling all over the world as of the past month... Literally.  Which allows Mike to refer to himself as an editor, and talk in the third person on his blog.  He has been writing and will be getting the pics and blogs up before the weekend so you are all up to date.  I know you have been dying for these words of wisdom and Mike is truely sorry that he has none of those words to give you other than this stuff.

Welcome fellow ambassadors of music.  Another note hath been played so what shall spew forth from my demented mind but another blog of infinate BS.  Please, do read on.  I beggith of thee.  Well not so much, but you'll likely be somewhat entertained, and if your not, may I remind you this is free.

Word to dat.  Well this night begins with my day.  If you don't know by now, I'm a nerd.  Yes, NERD.  Not the sick ass fusion jazz hip-hop, create your own genre of music N. E. R. D, but a tried and true nerd.  I can discuss the benefits of FDDI Layer 2 networking versus MPLS switching, tell you the bandwidth allocation needed for you g729 VoIP implementation, and argue with you about vmWare in the enterprise sphere.  Bored yet?  I am... but that is what I do all day... so back to why I'm here.

I sit with a window open to the world all day.  I multi-task like an ADD dog in a Squirrel farm.  Sad but true.  Bring your kids to the next gig and tell them to laugh at the ADD guy..  Laugh.  Never the less, good ol Facebook was open, and I get this Ping from none other than Luke Jorgensen.  Yeah that dude of Triple M fame, and, quite frankly, a sick song writer.  He asks if I'm down rocking some harp at Mr. Roberts on this night.  Dumb question for the guy addicted to playing music, but Luke really didn't know me.. and I for that matter didn't really know him.  I let him know I was in and thus starts another wild night of music.

Needless to say, your nerdy harp player has been dealing with more than his fair share of the stress these days.  Which is no excuse for what I did, but never the less, the stars aligned on this night.  Remember several blogs ago, you know the good ol days?  When I spoke of simpler times, Moose-a-plooza, music made with instraments, and the consitiution?  Did I mention the CONSTITUTION? *face slap*  Sorry channeled Glen Beck (douchebaggious maximus) for a second there.  Well the guitar player is none other than Mike Snowden.... "snowy" from days of yore.  The string shredding, tasty laden, lick playin master of the solo from the Beautes.  Yeah That guy.

Well I call him "Luke" to start the night off.  Have never met Luke, and not seeing Snowy since, well that night at the ol Moose-a-plooza, still no excuse.  Despite that... the music flowed.

Luke has a sweet style, think campfire, cool air, and a musician laying down some sweet tunes.  His voice has a soft raspy-ness to it, and his song writing follows his voice.  Flowing melodies, un-expected rythmic patterns, and a soul that all at once screams, yet whispers to you that it will be allright.  I knew not of what I played this night, but it was fine by me.  I was jammin acoutically... musicians and their craft, just playing for the world to hear.  Luke and Snowy ripped through the set, towing me along for the ride.  It was a TON of fun for me, the crowd seemed to enjoy it, my friend Jack came out, basically said that although he would have NEVER come out to see this kinda music before, he would be seeing these guys again.  I think that sums it all up.  It's about having those who have never heard tunes like this before.. come on back out and hear it again.

I recorded this night, and with permission will be posting a song or two soon... so you can hear what I feel... and blab about.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment